Wow! I feel blessed! Thank you, Anastasia Cross, for nominating me! :D
The Liebster Award has a special place in its...heart...for the number eleven. It's given to undiscovered bloggers to promote friendship and...discovery!
Here's the rules (you'd think there'd be eleven, wouldn't you?):
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you & add a badge to your profile.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 11 other blogs.
5. Notify the nominees.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here's Ana's questions and my answers:
1. What is one of the best characters, in your opinion, ever (that you created if you're a writer, if not from book/movie/etc)?
Ooh, this is a tough one. I have so many that I adore. That's a good thing, right? But...I might have to say Flynn Colton. He's absolutely bonkers. In a good way, though, I think. You can find his pinterest board here: Flynn's Board
And, since I cheat at stuff like this, I'm going to list my other favorites.
Aurora Diamond is one of the main characters in my current WIP series: A Different Kind of Legacy. There's a lot of me in her...she gives me the chance to explore myself and be vulnerable. Her board is here: Aurora's Board
2. Who is your favorite villain ever? Why?
Uh, mine or not?
Loki from the Marvel Universe is one of my absolute favorites. Tom Hiddleston does an amazing job portraying him. Loki is such a rounded character, it's fabulous. There's a lot we can learn from him for our villains. Back story, pain, motivation, etc. It's all there.
And then my own? Einstein Voltswammer. He likes pink donuts with sprinkles.
3. What is one of your darkest secrets?
This piece of information is confidential. Ha. ;) Uh...hmm. This is a difficult question. I'll get back to it.
Gosh, I still don't know.
I don't hate Jar Jar Binks.
4. Do you enjoy showering or is it an inconvenience?
I like hot water and getting clean and smelling nice. However, I don't necessarily enjoy the time showering takes up. So, I enjoy the benefits, but not the procedure.
5. What are your top 5 favorite writing blogs?
Oh goodness. Another difficult question. In no particular order:
Inkspot || Hullo, Ana! Well, like she said when she nominated me, we have a connection. So, yeah. ;)
Plottinger Twist || Plottinger Twist is run by Hannah Wilson and her blog is adorable and she's super sweet.
Writing is Home to Me || Run by R.B. Denney (or Rachel Beth). Rachel is down to earth and has a unique way in going about her posts.
The Storymonger || Braden runs this blog and he never fails to cause me to emit a chuckle. He's clever.
This Incandescent Life || Emily T. Jaden has superb advice on the craft of writing!
6. Do you prefer cake or ice cream? Pie or cheesecake?
Shoot. Warm, gooey chocolate cake with ice cream on top. Sorry, I'm not choosing. Cheesecake. Definitely cheesecake.
7. What kind of books do you like to read the most?
Interesting books with intricate characters and plot.
8. What is your favorite fruit?
HARD QUESTIONS, ANA. *Sigh* I like strawberries a lot. But also watermelon. But then again, there's tomatoes...
9. How fabulous are these questions?
These questions are of the utmost fabulosity.
10. Do you approve or disapprove of social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
I have them all. I do not disapprove except when they're used for evil means or used wrongly.
I think they're a great way to connect with people (readers/fellow writers/family/friends), especially as I grew up a military kid, always moving was difficult...and keeping in touch more so.
11. Long hair or short hair? Dyed or natural? Straight or curly? What do you prefer/have?
I have long, straight, natural hair. For myself, that's what I prefer. For others, it's really their choice...but I wouldn't suggest guys go with super long hair or anything. Unless they're elves or Aragorn or something.
Elven random facts about myself.
Whoops, Middle Earth autocorrect.
1. I've lived in ten states, twelve houses, and moved twelve times in eighteen years.
2. I haven't left my dorm floor all day because my only class on Thursdays (math--yes!) was canceled so I slept in and missed breakfast and so I ate cereal and made coffee with my new French press and did homework and beta-reader stuff for Ana and blog stuff (this) and made soup for my throat because I decided to eat lunch in my room instead of going to the cafe because it's raining and everybody else already ate and I'll probably be in my room until dinner time at, like, five.
3. I finished my soup and feel dehydrated because even though it was only half a packet of Lipton, it was salty and now I'm eating Swedish Fish my mom gave me for my birthday which was, by the way, on September 4.
4. I drink lots of water. Probably 3-4 Nalgenes a day.
5. I'm majoring in English with a writing concentration and a minor in Intercultural Studies!
6. Mugs are amazing tools of...toolness? You can drink from em, eat from em, put stuff in em. I have this adorable Jane Austen mug I got for my birthday and it's just so cool.
7. I love the outdoors and admiring God's creation so much that I think I always have at least one bug bite.
8. Kayaking and horseback riding and camping and hiking and hammocking is where it's at.
9. For my Eminent British Writers class we're currently reading 'Camelot Meets Zombies' AKA Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. It's well written and an amazing piece of literature, but it's weird, guys. Real weird. And 'Gawain' is pronounced 'gowin'. Weird, huh?
10. It's raining. I love rain.
11. I'm called to be a missionary and a writer. Ah!
I have a feeling it will be difficult to find eleven blogs to nominate...nevertheless...
1. H.M. Wilson at Plottinger Twist
2. R.B. Denney at Writing is Home to Me
3. Hannah Heath
4. Braden Russell at The Storymonger
6. Elizabeth Brush at What Can I Say?
That's all I have for now, y'all.
My Elven questions to y'all:
1. When did you start writing and why?
2. Do you see yourself being a full-time writer (author) or having a different/side career?
3. What book has made the biggest impact on your life? (That you've read and written). Why?
4. Who is your favorite character? (From what you've read and written). Why?
5. What's your favorite board game and why?
6. Coffee or tea? Something else? What kind?
7. Favorite Bible verse?
8. Current WIP? What's it about? Why are you writing it? Who are the characters?
9. How's life?
10. Advice for other writers?
11. If you had a troll, what would you name him/her?
Thanks again, Ana! This was fun!