Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Time for Driving

     So, on Thursday, I got my permit. Exactly a week from my 17th birthday. On Friday I drove.
Let's make one thing clear: I don't really want to drive. I know I have to and all that because I'll probably be going off to college next year, but I don't really want to drive.

But I did it. And today I'm going to do it again...sometime. It wasn't horrible. I'll admit that much. But it wasn't the best thing in the world, either.

I can't help but think: "If I'm ever in a car crash, I can use it as reference for my writing!" Seriously, that's what I think about, a LOT. Of course I don't want to be in a car accident, but if I ever am...

As in the words of Julie Wright: "What doesn't kill us gives us something new to write about."
There are many ways that quote could go wrong, but let's content ourselves with being comforted by that thought, I guess...

I can make turns, somewhat. I didn't exceed five miles per hour and I hardly pressed on the gas pedal. Once instead of turning on the blinker, I turned on the windshield wipers--then I tried to press the brake so I could figure out how to turn off the windshield wipers but accidentally pressed on the gas pedal.

That freaked my mom out.

But we're okay. No accidents to write about yet. I guess I'll just have to research those more.

/ Rachel Lester /

First blog post, yay! More to come sometime...as long as I don't crash today.
By the way, the picture in this post is not where I get to practice, but I didn't know what else to add so I can link this to Pinterest...

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Rachel!
    My name is Megan. I'm actually following you on Pinterest, and I saw that you had a blog! Yay! I love your first post. :) I got my permit when I was fifteen, but I'm waiting to get my license when I turn seventeen, which is next spring. ;) But yes, I understand your fear or wrecking. But just don't worry about it! God has you in His hands. :) Good luck with this blog-- it's quite amazing, by the way. I'm excited for you!
    Love,
    M.J.McKeel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Megan!

      I just saw that you left a comment--that excited me! Wow, so you've been driving for over a year? That's probably a good way to go...practice a lot before going out on your own, right? Gosh, I can't even think about doing that yet. ;)
      Yes, it's true that God is watching over us all. There are so many times in my life that He has protected me. It's crazy to think about how many times He's protected us that we aren't even aware of.
      I've visited your blog and I really want to read "The Extremity" but don't want to start at the end of a trilogy. Are the first two getting published soon? I hope so!

      Thank you for the sweet comment! :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have been driving for quite some time, but I always manage to drive too fast past the curves in the road. xD And YES! It's so amazing to think about it-- to truly think about all that God has done for our lives. Even sometimes, like you said, we aren't even aware of His blessings! That is why He is just so amazing. :D I love your blog so far! I can't wait to read more of your posts! :)
      And thank you! Yes, I think beginning at the end would not be the best idea. ;) I am actually working on self-publishing The Ransom (first book), which will hopefully be done soon! I just have to finish editing a bit and tying up loose ends, so to speak. :) But I will definitely let you know when it happens! Thank you so much, and good luck with your blog! <3
      God bless! ~
      M.J.McKeel

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I love to talk with fellow people!

Cheers!